Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's Him.

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it." -John 14:12-14

What a beautiful and encouraging promise. Directly from Jesus, directly to you and I. It's so comforting to know that not only will God do a work in our lives, if we approach Him in truth and desire, but that He wants to. He delights in it.


"Instead of dependance on ourselves, we express radical desperation for the power of His spirit and we trust that Jesus stands ready to give us everything we ask for so that He might make much of our Father in the world." -Radical, David Platt

It is also humbling. To know that we need Him. To kneel before Him and ask for His power. To acknowledge His work, and to be willing to give Him all the credit--knowing that it is all because of Him and His power alone. Not our words. Not our music. Not our ministries, churches, artwork, messages, facilities... It's Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment