Friday, June 17, 2011

Just Live Your Life.

As a college student, I feel as though I am in a permanent state of transition. Permanent meaning until I complete my degree... which feels like forever from now.

Sometimes I feel like "living your life" (as a college student) means late night Taco Bell and Wal-Mart runs, playground visits, lots of studying, and Ramen. And if that is what "living your life" means, then I'm doing very well. However, I always find myself saying well, that will have to wait until later. Later meaning post-degree. You see, time or life, has become some sort of contextual thing for me. As if it stopped when I graduated from high school and will pick back up when I get a career. I know it all sounds weird, because I'm not writing it with eloquence. But, I really feel like I'm not the only one "in transit" out there.

But why are we?


"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone." -James 4:14


All I'm trying to say is, don't wait until later to talk to him or her. Don't wait until later to clean up the mess you have made. Don't wait until later to start that ministry that you've been called to. Don't wait until later to dance. Don't wait until later to build that relationship. Don't wait until later to make those tough decisions. Don't wait until later to be a good friend. Take initiative and live your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment