Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Writer's Block.

I never proclaimed to be an awesome writer or anything of the sort, I know I'm not. But today, rather than attempting to speak with eloquence I think I'll write as if I'm having a typical conversation. I've had so many thoughts going through my head today and the only thing that clears my mind is writing, but I'm having difficultly saying what I want and having it make any sense. There are a few topics that stick out the most to me right now, but there is one in particular that I need to get out of the way. So before anyone else voices their opinion let's talk about it. This is my story...

Friendships. As most of you know, this past year was very difficult for me. For various reasons, but throughout the difficulties I laid the foundation for life-long friendships. I really do appreciate each and every person that came into my life this past year. They each helped me so much in their own special way. And I sincerely hope that I did something for them as well, but for the most part...I'll never know. But even in meeting new people and gaining amazing friends I have to talk about the one friendship that means the absolute most to me. And that would be my friendship with Josh Wolfe. Most people have already expressed their opinion of me being friends with Josh again and quite frankly, they hate it. But you know what, I'm sick of people thinking they can tell me what to do. And thinking that they know best. But for those people, I'll just lay it out for you and if you still hate the fact that I'm friends with him again after this post, that's something you need to deal with on your own. I no longer want to hear your opinion.
He and I were best friends freshman year and believe me, we've had our issues. More than most people would even put up with. But despite everything that the two of us have been through, or put each other through...for that matter, we're always there for each other in the end. He and I went nearly a year without speaking to each other. And by that, I mean...our conversations consisted of awkward "hi's" and "how are you doing's". That was it. I won't go into all of the details but I definitely missed having my best friend around. That's all I'm going to say about that. But I will say this much...I'm friends with Josh because he understands me more than anyone does, but that's probably because he and I lived basically the same childhood. Even after a year of not speaking, I can tell him anything and not be worried about being judged or thought less of. I know that when I make a mistake, he will most definitely let me know his opinion...but at the same time, it's not in a "you're an idiot" kind of way. He is the only person that I can be incredibly mad at and never want to speak to again, but within ten minutes be over it. When I need to vent, Josh hears it all. Not that he wants to hear my complaints...but if I'm stating what's actually on my mind rather than simply complaining, he's okay with that. And if I am complaining, he lets me know. I can say practically anything and he's not at all surprised by it, and probably knew I was going to say it before I actually did. But with all of that being said, I'm friends with Josh because despite what anyone else thinks...he has a heart for people that is really rare. He may act like he doesn't care or that hates the world. But trust me...he cares more about the fact that some stranger he doesn't even know is crying in their car than the fact that he could die on his way home from work. His heart is all about helping people when they're in need. Or simply being there for people. Despite not being friends for nearly a year...Josh has always been there for me, even if I didn't want to see it. And I honestly don't know what I would do without him in my life. So all of you hateful people need to back up and stop telling others your version of my life. Because you're wrong and stupid. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment