Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Whisper of Inspiration.

Do you ever go through those times when you lack inspiration? I mean, for days or weeks... Sometimes I wonder how we are meant to live inspiring lives, if we are missing inspiration in them. Lately I have been wondering around in a dull, boring state of life. Going here, going there, doing this, doing that, marking things off my to-do list; finally, when I lay my head on the pillow, I cannot remember how I got there. I have been getting so caught up in my tasks, getting school-ready, running errands, and such, that I forget to look around me. I think that is where the problem is.


Our problem lies within our eyes. Are they open? For myself, when I need to get something done, I have a one-tracked mind. I put blinders on so that nothing distracts me, and if you get in my way, you better watch out.


Today, it dawned upon me, that sometimes inspiration is meant to be sought after. Inspiration is just a whisper, and in this busy life, it is so easily overlooked. God did not design inspiration to be at the tip of our fingertips 24/7, because human nature would bore of it.


Now, I would love to sit here and say that you may now all quit your jobs and school so that you may search after this inspiration. Too bad I cannot do that. I do not know about you readers, but I do not have the money that Elizabeth Gilbert had to just drop everything and travel all over the world to find hers. So instead, I sit here today to encourage you and challenge you (and myself) to take off the blinders and be observant of world around you. Allow yourself to be awed and take time to appreciate something. Whether you find it in a raging waterfall, the feeling of the rain against your skin, a beautiful sunset... Whether you find it through the love of another, through a helping hand, through a hurting heart... Whether you find it in the tune of your favorite song, the hum of the birds, the clapping thunder, I pray that you will open your ears to the song of inspiration that God is whispering to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment