Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh, Big Brother...

Big Brother makes my entire life radiate with joy. Believe it or not, I once had the goal of being a houseguest. If you have no idea what Big Brother is, this is probably confusing to you... But here's the idea. There are 14 or so houseguests, that live in one house with no contact to the outside world for 3 months, competing against each other for half a million dollars. Sounds simple enough, right? But, like any other reality show there are cat fights, drama, traumatic events, tears...the works. But my post tonight isn't going to be about what's taken place on Big Brother, who I want to win, or even what I think about tonight's frenzy of events. Instead I would like to focus on something that's been on my mind...

As of thirteen seasons ago, I discovered Big Brother. The show always takes place in the summer but the finale is always awful timing, with school starting and needing to devote all of my attention to studying and all. That is beside the point though. The point is, that ever since I first started watching the show, I have been consumed by it. When an episode is on, I zone out of life and am zoned into this show. I mean, really? What a waste.

Don't get me wrong. I love the show, and I will continue watching it. Until school starts, then I'll catch up on it in my spare time.

But, tonight I just could not help but think about the conversations that I did not even give half my attention to, as a result of this show. All of the situations I have been in, in which this show has been involved with as well, have been void of any investment. To say the least, I have wasted tons of time due to a television show, or rather, due to myself.

I suppose it could be much worse. But I just wonder how many minutes I have wasted on such things. How many precious moments have I given away? I guess it has just been heavy on my heart lately.

It is so important that we are making the most of every moment. We must take in every second that we have with those who we love. We have to invest. We need to make the best of every moment that is and will be. Because, as cliche as it may sound, you never know when we might not have the opportunity to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment