Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Repeat. Sort of.

A couple of months ago, I wrote a blog about the desire to fall. The urge to fall, if you will. Now, that sounds weird and it kind of is. But it's a wonderful sensation really.

In the other post, I talked about how I remembered when I was ten years old, and was sitting on the ledge of our house. That ledge was only about five feet tall, but when I felt myself leaning over the edge, my stomach lurched and my heart jumped. The freedom in falling is sort of unexplainable to me. But like I said, sometimes I have the urge to fall. And it really is about freedom and letting go, right? For me there is just something about not having the ground beneath my feet that is freeing.

I say all of this (again), because even though I have this urge, I definitely protect myself from it in other aspects of life. I don't like the aspect of trust. I don't like trusting people, because then I'd have to fall. I don't like being vulnerable, because then I'd have to fall. I don't like sharing my personal thoughts, because then I'd have to fall. I don't always trust my family...my professors... my friends... do you see where I'm going with this? ...I'd have to fall.

I guess I came across this post at the appropriate time, because lately I've been afraid to fall. I've been too afraid to let myself go. Though, had I let myself fall, things might have turned out differently. I guess I just realize that when I "fall", I learn something. I gain something. I stand back up as a better and stronger person. I get what I most desire. Anyway, I challenge you today to heed the call in your life to fall... to trust... to let go, or to do whatever it is that demands you to fall. You'll gain something, I promise.

Falling requires trust. Falling forfeits control. Falling requires effort.

Falling is a wonderful sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment