Monday, October 3, 2011

27 Blessings.

I know many of you girls out there have seen 27 Dresses, as I have. I honestly cannot say that I remember much of the movie, but I do remember the main gist... and the infamous closet.

For those of you who haven't seen the movie, the main character has a closet solely comprised of the bridesmaid dresses that she has worn in weddings, but no wedding dress. The dilemma is that she was always a bridesmaid, but never a bride.

Now, I can see how that would be problematic. Naturally, a woman who is seeking a mate would tire of that. The longing in her heart would continue to grow for a husband, and being a part of twenty-seven weddings would not help fill that void in any way.

Through the duration of the movie though, I couldn't help but keep thinking to myself, wow, she has had the opportunity to be a part of twenty-seven marital unions. Which means, she has twenty-seven close friends or family members who wanted to share that special moment with her. What a blessing!

Obviously, I'm not saying it would be easy, but I realized that I dwell on my twenty-seven dresses so much that I over-look the blessings they have been in my life. I can look back on times or events that I thought were catastrophic and see the growth, prosperity, friendships and benefit that I gained from those experiences.

Today, remember that something good will come from one of your dresses. Try to look past the "Bridesmaid Curse" to the blessing that it holds.

No comments:

Post a Comment