Monday, October 10, 2011

Breaking Down Walls.

Have you ever had "one of those days"? I know I have. It's as if anything that could go wrong, did go wrong...like the entire universe woke up to an agenda that read "destroy Kimberly's life today". Well, the past week and a half has been a continuous "one of those days" for me. I'm not sure if it's because I have been sick and have had a negative attitude or if it's because the world was seriously out to get me. But either way, today I realized something I found to be rather significant. Now, it may be incredibly insignificant to you and if so I apologize. But if not, hopefully it will speak to you in some way.

Figuratively speaking, everybody has a wall that they have to tear down. It was built to guard the pain that holds them captive... Whether that be fear of rejection, fear of disappointment, fear of failure, fear of love, so on and so forth. And every smile that they hide behind is simply masking the pain beneath the surface. We cannot understand why we're trapped behind this wall, but we can all relate to it. Each and everyone of us deal with our own wall.

Basically, we all have a fear or many fears that hold us back from what we truly desire. And it is up to us to tear down these walls and live life with courage. We need to know that with God's unfailing grace, unwavering mercy, and unconditional love...He can get us through any situation. We need to refocus our eyes and hearts. We need to tune into what God wants for our lives and stop hiding behind a poorly built wall of fear. I guess I've just learned the hard way that no matter what the world throws at me, or how many of "those days" I have, God's got it all under control. I need to take a leap of faith, trust that He knows what He's doing, and stop hiding behind my own fears.

There is beauty in relying solely on Christ. Though, you may not see it now. When you look back on this situation later, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment