Sunday, September 18, 2011

Charged with Neglect.

Let me state that I have been really busy lately and I'm not ignoring my blog. Promise. I have actually had so many thoughts lately, that if I typed out a blog...we would be here all year reading the one post. I really kind of did all of you a favor. So, I'll go ahead and say "you're welcome". In any case, let's jump right in, shall we?

I've had this unbearable burden lately. And I'll be honest, at first I couldn't understand why it was so heavy on my heart. I mean, I run into non-Christians every single day of my life. Literally, every day. But until this past week or so, it was just a way of life. I just accepted that I knew Christ and they didn't. And I was okay with that. ...That's when I really had a struggle with my head and my heart. In my heart, I was aching for the spiritual lives of these people. But in my head, I was telling myself that it's their choice. This is when it really hit me. I seriously sat in my car for thirty minutes just crying. (Lame, I know) But I really hurt for these people.

When did it become okay to just accept that you are a child of God and someone else is not? This astounded me. Our hearts should be breaking daily for those who don't know Jesus as their personal Saviour. We should be praying for them, any chance we get. And that's really all there is to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment