Friday, February 3, 2012

What's actually important?

It has been a while since I've blogged, but this topic has been on my heart for the past couple of days and I just want to share my opinion. (Take note that if you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. But I stand by it.) This post won't be long so here we go. :)

For all of those who have been living under a rock for the past couple of days, I just want to fill you in on the latest news. There has been an uproar over the Susan G. Komen decision to cut out cancer screenings and give a large sum of money to Planned Parenthood instead. With all of the commotion surrounding their decision, there has been talk about them reversing that decision and so forth. I'm not completely sure what the organization has or has not done at this point, but I do know that Planned Parenthood is still able to apply for the Komen grants. But that being said, I only have one thing to say about the Komen and Planned Parenthood partnership.

The Komen Foundation is an organization focused on cancer research and I believe that they should be spending their money on exactly that. This organization's mission is to save lives so it makes no sense to give money to an organization that promotes abortion. Therefore, my personal opinion is that the Komen Foundation shouldn't take part in killing America's babies...it isn't a woman's right to choose death for her child.

"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute..." -Proverbs 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment