Friday, July 15, 2011

It's not about feeling safe and comfortable.

How many people have lost their faith and have chosen to place their mission in the American Dream? And what about our own individual relationships with God?
Have you ever caught yourself saying, well, that’s just not my calling in life or I’m not called to do that. Well…


Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” -Matthew 28:18-20


My calling in life is not to go global… Really? You see, I thought it was an option… but rather than it being a choice, this is one of the many times that we have been commanded (not called, not invited, not urged, but commanded) to go global. He said to take the Word to the ends of the Earth. And He expects nothing less than that from us.


Now, I don’t expect to pack up my life and head to Uganda with Bible in hand to live in a hutch until the good Lord calls me home. All too often, we interpret scripture to apply to our comfortable, safe lives. But come on, are comfortable and safe the words that the disciples would have used to describe their relationship with God? Are comfortable and safe words that Jesus would use to describe His ministry?


Just pray about it. Maybe God will reveal opportunities to take the Word to the end of the earth; whether it be in your workplace, in a hutch in Uganda, your neighborhood, your organization, your group of friends, or maybe even your church.

No comments:

Post a Comment