Saturday, June 15, 2013

Love That Surpasses All Others.

As many of you are aware, tomorrow is Father's Day. If I'm being entirely honest, I wish I could be happy about it. But, this year, I'm finding myself to be less than thrilled. Sure, it has been almost three years since my grandpa passed away...but that feeling of hopelessness and sadness still shows up every now and then. I sometimes think the feeling will never go away. That being said, today I have been a little depressed (since I'm being honest) because tomorrow is Father's Day. And I've been slightly envious of those of you who do have fathers to celebrate the day with, you know...someone to talk to, to laugh with, to share life with. It's definitely something I have struggled with today but throughout the day have realized that I can be happy about Father's Day. I just need to focus on a love that surpasses all others.

I am incredibly blessed to have been raised by such an amazing man, and tomorrow I can remember and appreciate his dedication to his family. But, I can also spend the day thanking God for being the heavenly Father that I absolutely do not deserve. And for showing me the meaning of unconditional love. With all of that being said...

Tonight I've been appreciating a love that surpasses all others. No earthly love can touch it. No earthly love can truly satisfy me. No earthly love can solve all of my problems. No earthly love can complete me. There is no earthly love that I can wake up to that makes me feel as secure as this love. There is no love on earth that can validate and affirm every need of mine as this love does. No earthly love is perfect. 

Although the love on this earth makes life more pleasant, wealthy, and fulfilling, there will be days when the love on this earth disappoints. There will be days when the love on this earth hurts. There will be days when the love on this earth burdens. But the love of my Father leaves me content and rich. The love of my Father leaves me nothing but pride. The love of my Father leaves me nothing but comfort. The love of my Father is freeing and perfect. 

When I bind my limbs with chains, His love breaks them. When I run towards destruction, His love rescues. His love is impossible to escape. His love redeems every mistake that I have made. With every mistake that makes me evil and undeserving, His love covers and whispers to me that I am more than deserving. When loneliness suffocates me and fear grips at my neck, it is Him who revives me. 

He calls me His daughter and has adopted me as His own. He is the lover of my soul, my dark, scheming, human soul. He calls me the apple of His eye and He calls me by my name. 

Today, make the most out of your love here on earth by understanding that nobody is perfect, and the only love that will complete you is God's. The love that God has blessed us with here on earth is to make this life better not perfect. 

Have a wonderful day with your father and/or family tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment