Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Playlist Is Set.

Naturally, I have heard a lot of different Christmas songs this year with the stores starting the music in October. Usually, the ones that are played are fairly horrendous. But this year I've heard some good ones in the mix. However, the time has come for me to make this year's playlist for the Christmas festivities to come. Here are a few of my favorites:

Aaron Gillespie covers this classic with an alternative rock composition.

Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes) and Maria Taylor (Azure Ray) collaborate to create a beautiful acoustic version of this song.

All I Want For Christmas Is You-Mariah Carey
One of those fun Christmas tunes you sing to yourself in the car.

Alison Sudol gives Elvis a run for his money.

Do I really even need to say anything?

Isaac Slade showcases his vocals in a vulnerable rendition of this song.

Magical, as always, Future of Forestry gives this cover a unique, whimsical twist. This is easily one of my all-time favorite Christmas songs.

Last Christmas-Glee Cast
This is definitely one of my favorite Christmas songs, and Glee made it sound so much better.

Really... Who doesn't adore Zooey Deschanel?

You gotta have a little bit of good ole Christmas harmony. This has been on my holiday playlist since high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment