Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday's Thoughts.

Today, I attempted posting a video blog but apparently my webcam quality is inadequate when it comes to uploading. So until the day I buy a better quality webcam, I'm stuck with typing. Which is fine, I suppose. Anyway, I really should be writing my ten-page paper but I have to get my thoughts cleared out first. So here they are:

Everyday I think about the possibilities of my future. I get so excited about all that God has called me to do. I am constantly making plans, changes, and arrangements. I rejoice in what is to come. I pray fervently that He would guide and direct my ways that lead up to that point.

The thing is, I'm very future-minded. I'm a planner. Sometimes it is great; other times it is my biggest downfall. At times when I finally sit down and reflect on my day or week, I know that I am one step closer to my goals, but realize that I didn't do anything for the present. I think, what did I do today that has eternal value? What did I do to further the kingdom today?

I get so caught up in preparing for the future, praying that God will equip me for then and provide the means and funds for then, wondering when those doors are going to open, and studying for then. Which, is a part of life and a necessary attribute to getting things done....

But I don't want to forget about today. Today, I am praying that I would be mindful of the opportunities around me right now. This week, I am praying that God will open up doors and guide me to accomplish things of infinite worth for Him. This month, I am praying that God would remind me to prepare for my future, while intentionally living every second like it is the only one that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment